V-Rally 4 has been announced for release on PlayStation 4, Xbox One, Nintendo Switch and PC, bringing back the series after a 16 year hiatus.
Bigben Interactive and Kylotonn Racing Games collaborated on the title, which intends "to remain faithful to the identity of the franchise" and "strike a perfect balance between sensation, presentation, and simulation, while offering the best graphics and gameplay the latest technology can support."
Both the French development studio and publisher are in their wheelhouse, having previously worked on WRC 7: World Rally Championship and TT Isle of Man.
"It's a real privilege for me to once again work on the V-Rally series," said game director, Alain Jarniou. "It's an extraordinary title that I have a very special connection to. I had a chance to join the team that created V-Rally to develop V-Rally 3 on the PlayStation 2 as a programmer. I'm very proud to be working on the franchise again 15 years later."
As well as the Online and Career modes, here's a rundown of the features that are in store:
- Rally: From Africa to Sequoia Park and Japan, travel the world along difficult tracks and in extreme conditions, such as snow, ice, and mud.
- Extreme-Khana: You'll have to be a master of precision and drifting on these tracks full of pitfalls.
- V-Rally Cross: Leave your opponents in the dust on these dirt/asphalt tracks and take on 7 expert adversaries.
- Buggy: Hop into your all-terrain vehicle to win the race on these particularly rugged tracks. Not for the faint of heart!
- Hillclimb: Race to the top behind the wheel of powerful cars.
There will be over 50 vehicles available to collect, customise, and upgrade, with the Porsche 911 Safari, Ford Mustang, and Ford Fiesta RS RX making their V-Rally 4 debut in the trailer above.
All versions of V-Rally 4 are scheduled for release in September.